Sunday, January 27, 2013

MSN to F.B.

It was 2005.
The time was around 7.00 P.M - peak MSN time.
After extensively Googling cool quotes to add in my tag line, I notice he is online.
Right, I will wait 3 minutes...
Sign out.
Sign in.
Sign out.
Sign in.
Talk to me...
Sign out. 
Sign in.
Oh come on, talk to me!
Sign out.
Sign in.
Sign out.
Sign in - sit with desperation.

As the end to MSN Messenger comes closer and closer, I have been reading some hilarious articles about what one used to get up to when on the infamous social networking program. What makes me LOL even harder is knowing that I was not the only one. Apparently signing in and out of MSN incessantly is about as common as the 'tight denim jean squat'. I can't say I have made use of MSN in recent years as I devote all my attention to Facebook, yet a tinge of loss tends to harbor over me when I think over all the fun times TeEnYbOpPer had on the ol' thing. It really is about as cringe as the first e-mail address you ever had (star_gal21 anyone?) Our social lives are most definitely fostered by social networking these days. Remember the days before Facebook? Bebo? Hi5? MySpace? It's how we connect with one another, keep up to date and most importantly - stalk. It's a beautiful thing knowing what someone is doing without talking to them...5 years ago. 

I am a self-confessed deleter. 6 likes or less and it's gone. It's there for the whole world to see, how can it not be embarrassing? Facebook adds a whole new meaning to social consciousness. From photos to statues', as each day goes on we are becoming more and more exposed. F*ck Birthday Cards, these days it's all about how many comments you get on the turn of the age. 

The year is 2013.
The time is...anytime. Facebook is addictive.
Sign in.
Friend request? Score!
New comment? Boring.
Private message? Please be someone interesting...
Stalk.
Stalk.
Stalk.
Stalk.
Stalk......


-C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment